Our first idea for Bookla came at the end of 2019. We wanted to create a curated bookmark collection for booklovers. For us reading is like a religion, and in that world dog ears is a sin! We had a vision of a textile bookmark thin enough not to damage our book and at the same time eco-friendly with designs inspired by literature. Months later we had our first bookmark in our hands, made in a loom from recycled materials.
Bookla in Greek means a curly lock of hair. In the victorian era it was very common between lovers and friends to exchange locks of hair and use them as bookmarks. We were inspired by the intimacy such a gift can offer and we wanted to translate that with our special designs. We wanted to capture nostalgic feelings,emotions that literature and storytelling can transfer to readers.
Our mission is to promote literary & education appreciation for all people, of all ages, of every culture and background.
We are focused on helping organizations aiding vulnerable social groups in Athens, Greece with their purpose to provide and expand access to books and education.
Two amazing organizations you should check out are:
- Echo Refugee Library is a mobile library that since 2016 provides books to refugees in Arabic, Farsi, Pashto and 8 more languages in refugee camps. Each year they give access to online learning and information on educational opportunities. Since April 2021 with our donation we are happy that Echo managed to buy 10 Arabic fiction books and 7 Farsi books. You can learn more about them and their work here echolibrary.org
- We Need Books is a multilingual library run mostly by volunteers with an ever growing collection of over 14,000 books in over 25 languages.
It provides language classes and cultural activities for children and adults, always with a focus on interculturalism and inclusion. Since April 2021 from our proceeds we could manage to adopt 4 books in order to support the acquisition of books in multiple languages. Also, we were the first to provide six months of subscriptions of the use of the library to 3 individuals who cannot afford a subscription of their own. You can learn more about them here weneedbooks.org
Finally a bookmark that could last for years! Really well thought design. Washable and eco friendly.
I've been looking for bookmarks like this for some time. Great designs! Perfect for my collection!
Inspired designs with lovely packaging! Great idea for a gift to booklovers!
+ - HOW DO I ORDER?
Υou can browse our products by category or you can use the filters to find that product that fit your needs, or to find the perfect gift for a special person.
When you open a product’s page, you can browse through different photos and you can zoom in order to get a clear view of what the piece you’re interested in looks like. Once you choose the product(s) you wish to purchase, you simply press the “Add to cart” button.
You can get redirected to your cart at anytime by pressing the cart icon at the top right corner of any page. Click on the “Proceed to checkout” button to complete your order, otherwise you can close the window (X) and continue shopping or browsing.
+ - WHEN WILL I BE GETTING MY ORDER?
All international orders ship with ELTA (Greek Postal Service). Delivery periods vary according to the destination. Delivery fees also vary on the amount of bookmarks (weight of package).
* Non EU-Customers shall be subject to any charges that may arise from exchange rate differences, customs clearances, etc., for which our company shall bear no liability.
Orders that ship within the Attica county have an estimated delivery period of 1-2 business days. For all other destinations outside Attica the estimated delivery period is 1-4 business days.
* All prices shown under the relevant lists of each product include VAT (24%).
*www.booklabookmarks.com is not to be held liable or responsible for any failure to deliver your order caused by events outside our reasonable control (Force Majeure Event).
+ - WHAT TYPES OF PAYMENT DO YOU ACCEPT?
We accept the following types of payment:
-Debit/ Credit/ Prepaid card (Visa, MasterCard, Maestro, Diners) via Alpha Bank’s SecureWeb service.
-Digital wallet Masterpass
* All prices shown under the relevant lists of each product include VAT (24%), while www.booklabookmarks.com reserves the right to change prices without notice to the consumers.
*All transactions are in Euros (€).